In this gut healing fiesta that is lasting months, after having lasted for years, I have taken another step forward. Happy little bacteria is the goal. The good ones apparently need fermented foods in order to do their work in the human digestive system...so that means vinegar, pickles, sauerkraut, etc.
With that in mind, I made a little addition to a usual stirfry. For fun, and with the point of illustrating how I've been looking at food lately, I'm adding the reason behind each thing.
Beef Stirfry
Grass-fed beef sirloin (because the pesticide in the wheat other beef is 'finished' on has built-in pesticide- according to my research and doctor- which has just been classified as a Class-2 carcinogen in the UK. When I find out what that means, I'll share-but I'm typically never a fan of any class of carcinogen...). Cooking tip I read and imported from somewhere-frozen steak is easier to slice thinly, and crisps up better in a nice hot pan--so that's what I did.
Broccoli - sulphur-containing veg, good for the liver, full of antioxidants that run around mopping up free-radicals (better known as aggressively bonding ions that mess up the good works of cells---> cancer)
Onions - sulphur, again...flavour, because I like them!
Garlic - as for onions
Ginger - anti-inflammatory to help calm down the histamine business that I still deal with (aside--legs and torso get so itchy I bought high-tech gear so I could layer and minimize the red swelling that happens when I am too cold/too warm/ with blood pumping from exertion)
Salt and pepper - the salt keeps my blood pressure up so I don't see stars--pepper tastes good
Cumin - anti-inflammatory
and lastly, diced cucumber, soaked in a couple tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, to be added as it's dished out and served over brown rice vermicelli.
I'd add quartered baby bok choi if I had it...and the usual way of putting together a stir-fry is necessary. Spices go into hot oil with the thinly sliced beef, until crispy on the edges, removed and set aside. Then into the wok with the hard (longer to cook) veggies, along with a little water, until they're however done you like, bringing it back together with the meat, and adding a splash of gluten-free organic soy (because the regular soy has wheat in the brewing process, and regular soy has the same built-in pesticide issues as wheat).
So that's that....tonight, I'm making an overnighter chicken soup. Two organic chickens, roasted, eaten for dinner last night, with everything and water left to cook over night, to get all the gut-sealing compounds out of the bones. Anyone remember the witches' brew post?! That all goes into my two-part pasta pot with the strainer insert that lets me just pull that out, leaving the broth in the outside pot. Once I strain the broth off, and let the chicken cool enough to handle the bits--all the chicken goes into the broth, along with the juice of two lemons, and some brown rice that didn't come from Texas (where there are apparently high levels of arsenic in the soil that get into the rice).
Paranoid cooking for the overly-aware... but!!! BUT, I plan to be well, and once I get rid of the parasite that's perforating my GI tract, I'll be able to ease up. I will not be able to unlearn what I've discovered though, so I'll likely be as organic as I can for the hopefully long future...This means that there will be a whole lotta home-cooking in my future. Except for veggie sushi from Superstore, because the ladies here make it great...and it's all good, AND it has the highly nutritional nori :) Also, the Indian restaurants with all the great spices make for good anti-inflammatory indulging.
Cheers and chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment