It's great news for me, because it's consistent with the thyroid medication doing a better job. Body temperature regulation is one of the jobs of the thyroid gland, via the thyroid hormones, and when it is functioning poorly, or in my case, when the medication isn't doing enough--the body tends to chill easily. In the space of a week, with the thermostat in the house running on the same program, and the same blankets on the bed, I've been too warm. I woke up in a "too many blankets" tantrum last night, and realized, hey! I'm not cold.
This morning, I'll change the bed, and skip the extra blanket I'd added for surviving the chill of the night~ Next big question: do I keep the flannel sheets, or switch to the percale?!! I joke, that's not a big question, I don't think I'm ready for the percale yet...maybe next week. I am however, happy to notice that I'm not so cold so often in the last few days. I'm putting a little imagination toward envisioning all the other benefits of a functioning metabolism...like not aching, and getting loads of things done. I am taking my time though...
I'm transitioning into the most intense version of the Wahl's Protocol diet, in the hope that getting most of my calories from protein, veggies, nuts, seeds and healthy oil will help me recharge as quickly as possible. To that end, I'm basically sugar-free, with the exception of morning coffee and the little goodies I made last night...but they have only about 2 tablespoons of maple sugar flakes.
Because coconut oil is solid at room temperature, I thought I might be able to bind some almonds and cocoa together with it. Here's what I did:
Into a saucepan, about 1/3 cup of coconut oil, two heaping tablespoons of cocoa, and about 3 dozen almonds, along with the 2 tablespoons of maple sugar I mentioned...melt together, stirring, and then add about a cup of almond flour (which is just ground up almonds). Once it's uniform, drop by teaspoons full onto a parchment, taking a moment to ensure each one has a couple of whole almonds. I left them at room temperature to see if they'd solidify again, and they did by morning-when I had three to make sure they tasted alright. I think hustling up the process in the fridge would work--provided you haven't stuffed your fridge full of greens and soup broth...
Another odd moment from last night's "too many blankets!!!" moment...because I'm making the broth in the slow cooker, I'd had last night's two organic chicken dinner leftovers simmering away--which is just an inescapable scent in a house, no matter the hour. So, when I woke, it smelled like dinner was ready?!! I opened the window for a little fresh air...and then had a fine sleep-
Cheers and chao
No comments:
Post a Comment