Thursday, 5 March 2015

Oooffff...and other onomatopoeia that happen when I'm tired

Haaaahhmmmmm - when breathing in reminds me that I should likely meditate, and focus on breathing, because if getting out of bed is an issue...I'm tired.

Hemmppph - is one that happens when I decide that regardless of how leaden I feel, I simply must get up.

Ummmmk - the one once I'm actually sitting up on the bed's edge

Errrrrrrrrrrrr - when I stand up...


And then, it's off to the races, with a few more deep breaths.

And that's how the days start when the thyroid meds have been too low, and the hemoglobin is too low.  I'm practically the 70s (energy crisis reference); the price of action is high right now.  I actually find I'm planning how to reserve energy, so that I can do the things I need to do in the day.  This is why I've been blogging so little... I'm conserving energy to try and avoid the help that seems like a threat - transfusion.  I deeply want to avoid this - like, all the way to my marrow--that kind of deep.

On the upside, (truly, one of the reasons I write here--to get to that upside) I'm still upright and feel able to get better, which is a good place to be, considering the alternatives!  I have more plans for getting better, and I'm confident that I'm doing all I can to keep family life humming, getting the business moving forward bit by bit, and getting better.  There is a plan with the doctor, and I'm being patient (both kinds!!!) with how long it will take.  Perhaps I need a jaunt up to altitude to really kick off the remaking of my blood count?  At this point, friends in Denver and Peru might want to screen calls~~~~~~

For a do-er who likes doing, this is the most challenging aspect.  I like to make things happen, I don't enjoy waiting for them to happen.  Waiting is challenging, so I'm doing my best to learn what I can from all of this.  I do know that I have huge appreciation for my family's tolerance and understanding right now, the kids are really pitching in, so one upside is that they're becoming more skilled.  They're also more able to recognize what daily life requires in the upkeep categories...and they're appreciative of what others do for them.

And that's about all there is for now...still shopping for loads of protein and greens, still blending up smoothies like crazy, waiting on big kid's cold to shape up and leave so he can get back to school, and all those little things like having foods for lunches, getting to lessons, getting to dentists, getting to music festivals, etc...and trying like crazy to walk the line between enough activity to get more energy without spending too much.  Oh, and taking the digestive helpers to absorb the iron, and the GI helpers to try and seal up whatever havoc has been wreaked upon my digestive system, and vitamins to absorb the helpers, and pro- and pre- biotics to help the long-term health of everything....

Cheers and chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment