I have gotten some clarity. I could type "YAY!" but I risk understating with that choice...
I got the results of the physical, and there is an anaemic explanation for my lack of energy. Iron solves that. Yay. I have the natural source desiccated thyroid medication now, which provides both T4 (which all do) along with T3 (which synthetics don't) so I have a chance at functioning a little better-because as I understand it, every cell needs both - and my thyroid just doesn't make it. Hope = yay.
So I'm giving it a week of iron, and then I'm getting myself down to the pool at the pier, or the one in West Van if the pier is not fantastic--either way, I hope it's warm! Whether I can do 10 lengths, or 50, I need to get at it--because regardless of how the pounds found their way onto my frame, they're mine, all mine!, to burn up. I'm vomiting less = yay = maybe the exercise won't feel like cookies threatening to toss. The swimming should help with the system-wide swelling I have, and hopefully reduce the aching. At the least, I'll be able to rightly, or falsely, attribute future ache to post-exertion effect...
Also, the doctor seemed attentive and open-minded = yay. They are rare, in my experience. I also have the opportunity for another gastro-enterologist visit, but the doctor was fine with me wanting a few weeks to see how the vomiting or lack of, would be, with the new thyroid meds and iron.
I feel a lot better just knowing that there's been a reason for the exhaustion, because that means getting better is more straightforward, so one last yay. Strike that, it was actually the penultimate yay--because everything else in the physical was "healthy", so now, one last yay.
Cheers and chao-
No comments:
Post a Comment