Thursday, 23 October 2014

Move over Lipton, it's time for Swamp Soup

Whenever the kids, or the man who succumbs to a cold, get sick, they all want Lipton chicken noodle soup.  I can't have that, but today felt like another soup day, and I'm trying to be so super nutritious after a couple days of major, major, bellyaching', so I thought I'd make, and now share the version I can eat.  It's healthy, and weird, of course!

Swamp Soup (make it and you'll see why!)

Sauté a medium to large chopped onion (or equivalent mass of shallots)
Add chopped baby kale
1.5 litres of water
2 chicken soup cubes
Salt
Pepper
Hearty shakes of powdered ginger and turmeric (because I was going for that yellow colour, and health--it's supposedly anti-inflammatory!)

Bring it to a boil.
Add snapped soba (buckwheat noodles)
Bring back to a boil and cook until the noodles are tender.

Voila
Swamp Soup

Cheers and chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment