Monday, 27 October 2014

Gritty lunch idea, and North Shore scenes, and the fun pup.

What's lunch going to be today??...Joking, it's not the dog's question, just mine.  He was, as always, totally about running with sticks--and teasing.  The invitation to take the stick is really just part of the grab and trot game he's so fond of... I'm glad my friend is dedicated to his exercise, because she took me up the mountain too!

 There have been many days of rain, so I was thrilled to be out without it, and just before the hurricane comes too.  I hadn't heard of a west coast hurricane, until last night. Now I have, and I'm ready for rain, and more rain.  It does make the creeks rush beautifully though, this was the first...

 This is the second, and I am only including it because I liked the way the water turned out...
 This is what I thought was most of it, but then, as I went a little further, there was more in view...
 Baring...but there's way more light walking in the fall than in the summer, as the trees turn it to almost dusk, midday.
I was feeling invigorated, thanks to the exercise, the company, and the coffee we had afterwards...and wanted a spicy lunch, that wouldn't give me any leftovers.  I had rice grits, so thought I'd try it...5 minutes to done.  Rice grits with a sprinkle of chia, a splash of rice beverage, a spoonful of Patak's vindaloo paste, and a handful of peas.  The 1/4 cup of grits seems to yield more than I would think of as a serving, but there it was on the box, so I made it accordingly.  The texture was like grits, but the additions have made it a nice, differently yummy lunch.

Cheers and chao.

No comments:

Post a Comment