Sunday, 20 July 2014

Cousins, aunties and rain all visiting at the same time

Because of the on and off rain today, we weren't sure how far afield to venture.  I didn't want to have to run in rubber boots again!  This time though, after a a fun pizza lunch, we went down to the water- to see if it was nice enough to kayak.  There were whitecaps.  By the time I got my backpack and camera and lenses...it was too late to suggest they might like to stay dry--they were like puppies into the water, wet as high as their hauled-up pants.

I took pictures.  The cloud provided some interesting light, and we had fun playing- Here's what that looked like.  I'll add...I also had fun with the iPhoto edits- most of them are "as-is" but some are really altered-and the one of the girlie jumping is so altered that it's a little snip off a picture of the four of them trying to jump at the same time.  If I had some kind of thing for them to jump off of...that would be fun to photograph too- there's lots of summer left!






And then, a couple of detail ones that I took with colour and composition in mind, because I might like to make something very large out of them for a wall somewhere...


And then some of the kids jumping around...because they like seeing themselves frozen in mid-air





Cheers and chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment