Wednesday, 16 July 2014

Two days and counting... lots of detail here, so apologies in advance!!!

I've only woofed cookies a few times in the last few days--which is a joke in and of itself.  I'm only vomiting a little?!!!  I am organizing myself for an overhaul at the Mayo clinic, to try pull together my results, and symptoms with doctors who hopefully, hopefully, know their allergies, immune system, and digestive issues inside out-- and no, that's not a vomit joke--but maybe it should be!?  I'm currently two days without vomiting, and I don't think it's a coincidence that these days are happening while I've done the following...

I've kicked up the intensity with which I'm pursuing nutritional density (that's what I'm calling what I'm doing).  I'm eating foods that are in very small quantities so that I keep it down.  Because of that, I'm eating very high calorie, high-vitamin, high "good" fat quantities, etc...  To make everything as easy to digest as possible, low-histamine, anti-inflammatory, blood-type diet compliant, gluten- and nightshade-free, and upping my quantities of greens, I even went to the lengths of trying a kale smoothie-- fail!  Moving onto baby kale as a friend suggested when I confessed to hours of continuing shudders on Facebook!! from this website: simplegreensmoothies.com

I've also restarted the vitamins that I sort of forgot had helped me in the past--moving has me right out of the little routines that help me keep things happening!  Evening primrose oil and B vitamins have worked well in helping me with the levelling of hormones--these are supposed to also support brain function, neurotransmitter production, etc...  After my mom started investigating for the benefits of her own health, a couple more ideas were firmed up for me-- the first is that I, and everyone I've talked to who's had trouble with gluten, seems to be under-nourished, or somehow deficient in the necessary nutrients for good health.  Something digestive seems to malfunction, whether it's deeply scientific or not, we all seem to need piles of extra nutrition-- The second idea is that what I eat needs to be readily, easily, and completely digested if I'm to benefit from the foods I eat.

Continuing with the idea of packing in as much nutrition as possible, in an easily digested form, I've had a lot of smoothies, which are (please see above kale disaster) usually delicious.  I'm still trying the Candida Stop cleanse, which has psyllium fibre, and a Candida albicans caproil killer, along with an activated charcoal to 'mop up' the mess left after killing the yeast back (theoretically preventing a headache that can happen) with liquorice to help digestion in general.  I've had to be really vigilant - which is saying something, because most days I feel much of what I do is devoted to keeping food down!!!-- vigilant about volume.  I'm drinking water in advance of meals, because when I drink it with or after a meal, it often makes me vomit...and, I seem reach too much very quickly, so I've slowed down my already slowish eating to a snail's pace, so I can determine when to say when, and stay in the "no cookies tossing" zone.

With all of this, I'd have hoped I'd lose a little weight, but that's always just a bonus wish- I think I'm about the same...which is a yawn on that front. Really, exercising is always challenging for me--and with all the vomiting, it's even more so.  For now, I'm contenting myself with keeping food down.  Bit by bit, I guess.  I plan to exercise, and then vacation life quickly induces me into the unfortunate "later" zone...but that's a challenge that I keep trying to meet.  I'm wearing the bikini anyway!

Cheers and chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment