So, it's hotel time, which sounds deliciously vacation-like to anyone who's never lived in one. The familiar has disappeared--crated and vacated--and we start wanting what we don't have available anymore! For me, that means I want to cook what I want--but I can't really! So there's that to contend with, while realizing how quickly we become accustomed to things. It's a challenge (worth undertaking-but a challenge nonetheless) to continue appreciating the relative ease. But-that ease comes at the price of what's comfortable and familiar.
The kitchenette works for snacks, but there aren't enough plates for us to eat at the same time, even if I did pull off a magical meal of spaghetti with canned sauce. That's lunch for the kids, on one of the last five days of school...because I did bring containers! We are regularly rooting in suitcases, washing things by hand, dripping them to dry in very small groups, and lamenting the very slow wifi--we have to share time, it's that slow. This means biggest kid gets priority for studying, and I'm spoiled rotten by having speedy wifi in the past--there's really no tolerable 'backwards' when it comes to computers. It makes me laugh-but doesn't diminish the wishing for faster connection!
With a great big however, we're going to get ready and drop down the elevator to the breakfast buffet that is available every morning. The kids get a kick out of the selection process, so that helps me get my adventure glasses back on and enjoy the perks of hotel living. Working out in the hotel, while possible, takes a little extra tug on the bootstraps-but I got up there, did some yoga, and feel better for it.
The roof was nice, quiet, and the birds were actively a twitter. We're heading out of town today, to a different spot where a friend lives, into an area famous for its desserts.
Should be a good day!
Cheers and chao-
No comments:
Post a Comment