Tuesday, 17 December 2013

So these are holidays...

It's pretty calm, and yet busy.

We've been through Toronto, Saskatoon, and are now in the PA phase, soon to collect Jeff and head west.

With so much focus on food, and such delicious options available at all times, everywhere…it's going to be interesting.  I've been turning to a thought, so that I force myself to choose consciously, and that is "do I care more about how I feel, or how this tastes?"  It seems to be helping me as I've been in what I call the energy crisis of thyroid malfunction…I've been doing better with avoiding the Coke Zeros, though yesterday, with the surprise birthday with friends that we pulled off for Middle Man, I indulged!

I enjoyed walking with the kids throughout the shops, so there was a lunch out, and it was so fantastic to have some spicy food.  The Samosa King was pretty spot-on, so I had Tandoori chicken and saffron rice.  Yum and wow, and healthy-if I forget about the butter chicken bits I *mostly* steered around.  Ever since I saw the cook in North Vancouver wheeling in the cart loaded with whipping cream and butter into the Indian shop, I've never been able to indulge without full awareness!

Since I want to feel better, and there are more options for veggies here than in Colombia, I'm taking advantage of our location to try restore some nutrition and energy…walking though, I'll admit is really daunting if I think about going outside.  I remembered that it took -30 or colder, AND wind when we lived in Yellowknife to cause pain in my head…and I felt truly altered when walking across the parking lot to grab a coffee and got an intense frozen pain while walking in -1.  I've physically lost my "Northern"…but I think I can still relate…Great memories pop to mind easily.

While we don't really know what 2014 holds, we do know the adventures will continue.  Until then, I'm relaxing, exercising, baking, and did I already add relaxing?  I read a book purely for the read of it, while we flew…that was a good start!

I'll post some of the recipes my sister-in-law and I will be making for the Christmas get together…perhaps they'll be gluten free-but maybe not!  There's another cousin on that branch of the family tree who foregoes the gluten as well, and her Mother-in-Law makes her a Christmas treat, so maybe that recipe will show up too.

Cheers and chao--

No comments:

Post a Comment