Wednesday, 11 December 2013

I think I just felt my shoulders drop!



I do believe I just experienced a wave of relaxation...it helps that I just got back from Middle Man's classroom. We cut snowflakes and it was fun. Like, really fun kid's fun-- "LOOK AT THIS ONE!!!" kind of fun...Tomorrow they're back into their writing projects, and it's fun-but different fun. Also, great about today, the teacher had them happily tackling long division...that's a skill right there!!

So I'm home now, and the emails are read, my phone's charged, and there was a message waiting for me "Passports are ready to pick up". That's when it happened...my breathing got deeper, my shoulders dropped and my neck seems to be moving again! I'd love to be exaggerating for comedic effect. I am not. I've been wound tightly, and just plodding along, trying to unwind (which, feeling as wound as I have been, is a little "yikes"--imagine where I'd be if I hadn't been trying?!!).  ......It's not often that I can actually mark the moment when I feel a lighter equilibrium happening--but it was about 10:42.  It's also immensely helpful to have just pinned down some travel dates--seconds ago, on the phone.

I'll look up the ticket, plot everything out, and get ready to holiday and enjoy family and friends this season. Whew. I might have just involuntarily smiled. Yes, that it what that was. And it felt goooood!

This feels much more like me!

Cheers and chao!

Also worth noting...with the scraps of paper left over from cutting snowflakes, several of the boys in the class this morning immediately translated their newly acquired paper-snipping skills into mask making...with the cuts placed just exactly where the masks could stay on their ears by themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment