We are spilled out and relaxing. Holidays are crazily busy with fun...and sometimes a few minutes off fun makes the next bit even more enjoyable.
We're all stocked up for a few days in the cabin, where we'll leave some of our woolies once it's time to go back. I'm balancing cabin care with playing in the snow, and making sure I take a few minutes to organize the secondary digital life. It's so quiet I'm filling in with some new music...on my new machine.
I have set a goal of reducing the numbers of pictures I keep, in the hope that I'll be more easily able to do things with them! This reminds me that I need to pull some of my parents photos in...to replace what was on my old laptop. The recovery of data and feeling secure continues?!
Since I value honesty, I'll reflect thusly for a couple of sentences, or paragraphs... I can't get back to normal fast enough to suit me! I had weeks of not noticing how I was feeling, and I was simply adding caffeine to compensate. Turns out, there's not enough coffee in Colombia to make up for a malfunctioning thyroid. I'm getting back to normal, but my jeans and waistbands, and shirts are all reminding me of the extra pounds that showed up. It makes me remember how very much I need to sort body image from self image--and I'm struggling to be a kind person to ME...
I'll get there, and have learned that I must rest to do so-when I push too hard, I fall flat, and reflect that bad feeling back at myself, which doesn't really have me feeling empowered. My plan is to keep exercising until I feel better and get a functioning metabolism back. Also, I read in many different sources that appropriate rest is essential to function. Maybe if I see stillness as a benefit, I'll do better. Apparently, relaxing is a skill. I'm working on it today! And I'm focusing on what I'm eating, making everything as nutritious as it be, and remembering to eat only what I need, enjoying every bite.
So with that-I think the kids would enjoy some breakfast.
Cheers and chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment