This turned out so well, I have to share the idea. We're sick here today, but still upright...
I felt like making something hot for lunch to soothe our heads, but didn't really feel like chopping, etc...mostly wishing it would make itself. It almost does...
Chowder Inspired Lentil-Amaranth Soup
3/4 pot of water, and 3 soup cubes to season, any flavour would work. Today was 2 veg, 1 chicken...
Onion paste
One can of lentils (or just lentils if you started the soup early enough--I did not.)
1/4 cup amaranth seeds
So that cooked, but being sick, I felt blah, and though the soup matched that too well...so back to the pantry for some instant mashed potatoes, which I bought, because they're gluten free, and I thought I might use them for thickening something someday.
I added the potato flakes by the serving spoonful until the soup was no longer transparent, and there was a little stir indentation left after stirring--so, exactly that amount.
Tasting prompted a salt and pepper addition at the table, and it's a really satisfying little soup. I plan to melt the cold outta my head, and outta anyone else's too!
Cheers and Chao(der)
No comments:
Post a Comment