Thursday, 7 November 2013

Not really rolling with things these days-- soliciting suggestions.

I am in an unfortunate state of anxiety, anger, and frustration.  I've dealt with a sufficient amount of crap over the years-but most of it was unintended… In the case of being robbed however, the intentionality of it is really bothering me.

Not just the losses we sustained,

Not just the security we no longer feel,

Not just the anger at not being able to convince my kids that everything is fine,

Not just the immensely unfortunate chain of events that had us without insurance, or the self-recriminations resulting from that...

Not just the time it is taking to deal with all the ramifications of having been invaded,

Not just spending so much time trying to be positive, find the good, and live peacefully like I want to,

Not just trying to acknowledge (psych 101!) that we've been affected in a negative way, without wallowing,

Not just feeling targeted because we had something someone else wanted,

Not just working hard to remember and talk with the kids that most people are good, and it was just two people in the hundreds of good ones we've met here…  But, those two people have really had a negative effect on our lives-so I'm trying to minimize that, because if I can't, then they just keep robbing us!

Someone meant to do this to us, which pisses me off greatly--not a state I'm used to existing in.

Even having said this, I realize that not every consequence of what we're dealing with was pre-meditated, but even the unintended, lack of thought-through nasty things we're having to deal with are irritating.  240 dollars per kid, plus flights to the capital, plus all the time spent, plus the extra costs at re-doing the security, meeting with police, having police in our home several times, etc… It's just crap.

So, how do I get over it?  I'd love to do it faster, but what if trying to do it faster actually prolongs this angry phase?  I'm exercising, trying to take care of myself, the family--but the constant interruptions in my day that relate directly to robbery are really bothering me.  So I guess I'm working at the balance of sitting with the anger for long enough to let it go?!!

Suggestions welcome.  Seriously.



No comments:

Post a Comment