I'm not usually about results (publicly) privately-yes, I enjoy achieving - even if it's just checking an item off my to do list. This achievement though, is not my own, though I'd hoped dearly that it would happen. We've noticed he's really grown and matured a lot. And he and I have talked about it a lot-like, every time I remembered to, I pointed out that his choices and actions made it happen--whatever the good "it" was-- a fun night with family, a nice dinner, fun with a friend, fun with one of us, a song sounding beautiful--really, anything good I could find, I tried to be obvious. I also let him know that I enjoyed his obvious happiness...
I imagined that at some point, if we worked smartly, and heartly (I know, not a word, but it could be!) with the middle man, that he'd be able to get it 'clicking'...His report card is really great this time around, and every deep breath, every tear of frustration along the way (well, speaking for my own, anyway!) was worth seeing the pride shine in his eyes when he looked at his numbers with me.
"Well...what do you think of this?" I asked.
And there weren't even any words, just a deeply satisfied, smiling face and his eyes really did shine as he nodded at me... I am so happy for him because he has achieved this, and he knows what he did to get himself there. I'm stopping to appreciate a grand moment.
Cheers and Chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment