That's supposed to be a catchy title. I'm really going to write about the weather today. Our house is up in mountains, my window looks out onto a hill, filled with trees, and I can see off into the distance when it's not cloudy. I have seen many different energies of thunderstorms and rains here, from pelting hail to gentle mist, lightening in the distance and simultaneous lightening/thunder so near to us that the house shook-but I've never seen the exact point in space where the cloud becomes rain.
Right now, the window is wide open, and the cloud is actually breezing into the house. I noticed that the clouds were drifting up and past the dark background of the trees...I thought that was very calm, and I inhaled deeply (I really do that... because I love the air that much.) A few seconds later, I notice that it had turned to rain...then back to cloud, and I looked more closely, because I asked Jeff if he'd seen that it was rain for a few minutes...
When I looked more closely, I was taken aback, because it was raining? No, yes...actually yes and no-- What was happening was about 6 metres off the ground, rain was falling, and above that level, it was still just cloud. Of course-we had to call the kids....and then I had to blog. I've never seen that before, and if I hadn't noticed at the time I would have missed it entirely because it only lasted a moment. Now, it's just raining, the clouds have moved upward...And I'll get back to reading about innovation and communications-which is what got me into the perfect position to see the brief phenomenon. Growing up on the prairies means I grew up with clouds being so very distant-and now we live in them...
Cheers and chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment