First, I need to stipulate, we got here, so it was "all good" in that sense...
Comedy of errors.
Booked in March to get us into the magical 12th row (faster through customs, quieter, and far from the washrooms). All the seat assignments were "lost"-yet, the gluten free meal was still apparent. Row 32. 100 people in front of us in immigration. Not awesome. Kids compensated with good hustle and it wasn't the gong show it could have been.
Checked baggage allowance online, packed according to the maximums, in order to get what we needed to get back here for our place...Frequent flyer benefits invisible to system in Colombia...therefore 225 per bag?! AYFKM??? (If you know what I mean, you'll know what I mean, and if you don't, you won't, so I risk offending no one!!!) No thanks, so two bags went back with Jeff, to arrive later, with him and his card. No cards = no short lines, proceed to long line of leisure travellers who are apparently surprised by everything related to flying. No orange stickers to pull the bags...so a half hour more at the baggage claim too.
Toddlers were losing their marbles frequently, and all together, right in front of us, empathizing with each other deeply. As in, "You're sad? = there's something to be sad about = I agree = I'm sad too and I also need to cry". "That's right! We DON'T have to put up with this!" All. Flight. Long. (Ya, I know, but understanding the origin doesn't make it any quieter, just understandable.)
Middle man slept and woke up with a huge attack of motion sickness, crying and vomiting. Toronto was INsane. Cancelled flights-not ours- crowds of people in the airport, broken down transit train (significant because we had a plan to wheel a cartful of bags...not a one-by-one plan!), elevator malfunctioning in hotel full of 'cancelled' people seeking beds, couldn't check in online last night, or this morning, saved by the frequent card, when the whole Air Canada system went nuts and wouldn't print boarding cards for any counter agents. Huge line to "self" check in with agent at the tiny kiosk that was still working. Kids discovered suitcase riding to pass the time.
Oh WELL...I thought to myself, it's all in the interpretation I guess-so I was decided. I would just note the string of errors, so that I could indeed, look back and laugh. I haven't quite busted out a belly laugh.
Cheers and Chao
PS-all bags arrived at once, as universe realigned
No comments:
Post a Comment