Saturday, 17 August 2013

Loving something that doesn't love you back (so I'm trying to eliminate, or drastically decrease!!! the amount of Coke Zero I take on board)

The plan is to get the stuff out of my diet.  The brutal return to higher altitude headaches have put me over to helping remember that it's really a short term fix, long-term harm kind of habit to be in.  I do like the bubbles.  I also like the taste.  And, I appreciate the caffeine-but it doesn't love me back!

I've learned that sinus equilibrium is a delicate thing...the difference in pressure between here and the lake is significant, as is the pressure of riding up and down the mountain twice a day.  The kids are into the new groove at school, so I think I'll go up with them, and meet them at home at the end of the school day.  Maybe a more settled head will help settle the stomach too?!

I think coffee still loves me back though...  One thing at a time.

Kids are back to school, schedules (mostly) sorted thanks to nearly daily communication with the school.  My course and project are in full swing, and we're making it through the readjustment period.  My little adjusters have certainly been adjusting.  It's like they're new kids again in many respects, with those new kids anxieties surfacing again....

This "project life" has a few rounds of hiccups in it.  I can not really overstate how hard I've had to work to get into a positive frame of mind after feeling like holidays just escaped me with moving into the cabin.  I enjoyed everywhere we went, and seeing everyone we saw, but the time flew in a manner I've not experienced before.  We'll be ready for guests next time, so that should make it easier, and have us on the road a little less - truck time is not the ideal day for me, and when vacation days are in short supply, I love really making them count!

Got up early, intending to write, but worked out instead.  I think it was likely a good choice.  It's nearly time to walk down the hill to take in a movie with the kids.  Two parents, two movies, two languages... and I have to get the first solid draft of my paper done in advance of that-so-

Cheers and Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment