Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Settling in

The BBQ vista...from our friends' home on the mountainside
Everything we know about moving happens every time we move; but it doesn't alter the inevitability of moving through the stages... when we pass the initial busy-ness, there's the reality setting in stage, the feeling far away juxtaposed with feeling lucky to be seeing what we're seeing, doing what we're doing, meeting who we're meeting, and missing everyone we're missing...  So that's where we're at.
I am most often happily distracted by the need to complete my coursework...sometimes frustrated (such as the professor's ironically unrelated posts that follow assignments regarding listening well...).  My plan is to finish up quickly, because I'm feeling ready to be done--which means taking on double course loads for two of the next three cycles; and then I'll be wrapped up by September 30 this year.  I'm going to content myself with finishing this MABC, and keep an open mind about adding more courses on a one-by-one basis in the future, depending on the kind of work I'm going to take on-the project management courses look intriguing.  For now, I want to be done.

I've already been informed by a smaller fry that I should probably get a job now that we're moved in--which I found hilarious.  The comment either means she realizes that I was busy getting through the logistics, or that magically, with the passing of time, our move is complete for now...either way-sweet that she's thinking of how I spend my day while they're in school.  Clearly-there are no ideas in her mind that the mom belongs at home...It will be interesting to see how that shapes her life.

The day calls, so I'll get on...cheers and chao.

No comments:

Post a Comment