Monday, 27 August 2012

The beat goes on

Unfortunately, I'm referring to the thudding in my head.  I'm trying another couple days of smoothie cleanse, and plan to follow it up with heaps of salad--just to see if I can help myself out that way.  In the meantime, I've been drinking coffee again, which is short term gain (yay-I love it) and long-term pain (boo--hate the caffeine head it creates).

We are still in the mix of pondering our family's future, mostly just where we'll live and what work we'll do...little things.  Happily, there are several options that seem to be opening up; but nothing is formalized yet.  In summary: Columbia - beautiful, great job, Santiago- status quo, great job, S'toon-family, friends, but the great job isn't ready yet, and I'd likely work too, to make up for the lack of expat benefits, and then Peru-job seems great, but it's moving slowly, school starts in February, so we'd have time off (which would be so great!), and with all of them, they're at different stages, so we're trying our best to compare apples to oranges to chirimoya...not an easy task.

So in these days of indecision, I'm sorting the house, making a sale list of things with specific plug ends, and then holding, because if we stay here, I'll keep some of them.  But when it really comes down to it, it would be easier to replace a hair dryer and coffee maker than it would be to move internationally again.  I feel like I'm ready for anything, but can't really prepare yet!

I have another course starting up in October, and really do think it would be lovely to have a decision underway by then, since we'll be out of the house-maybe.  There's that word again.  Stinkin' "maybe"!

OH WELL on all that.

Onto the middle man.  Slowly by slowly we are making progress, though with his disposition, he's naturally chosen to kick it up a few notches to test out his boundaries again.  He craves drama, and would rather be in a drama than working on something that doesn't suit his fancy at the moment.  I think it is my job to not go dramatic with him, and I hope that will help keep him from flipping his lid.  He did a large sheet of subtraction skill practice this morning without a fuss and was please with himself when he finished, so I'm calling it progress!

Cheers and chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment