The hill of life is a touch steep at the moment. Travel arrangements just aren't coming together and it's so frustrating because we have to count on others to make it happen. For example, sent the relocation people the flight we wanted, Wed, 12th, Air Canada, Santiago-Toronto-Vancouver...and the option we got back was two different airlines (lost luggage anyone?) with three stops, two of them in the US (meaning we would be dealing with our many bags for moving and US security), and 4 hours at a time to try sleep and feel somewhat human upon landing. Declined that scenario that was offered up without so much as a "Whoops-we messed that up by sitting on this request for days".
That now means we need to change our moving date, our flights, the flights in Canada, and we might not be able to make it to Vancouver because we've promised a birthday to our birthday girl - specific to a restaurant that's not in Vancouver. This disappoints friends and family in Vancouver - because I believe them when they say they want to see us! Disappoints us, we wanted to see those same family and friends, I had a few Vancouver things in mind as well, and grrrrr all around.
I need exercise to reset my mood and my body. That will have to wait, because it's Annual Physical Day ( !! ) - not something I approach with joy, but more with a sense of duty to self. With that today, there's no breakfast until after the blood tests, etc...and in the day of chats with doctors and lab tests, and x-rays, etc...I have to coordinate with Jeff, who will be trying to straighten out our visas so we can leave the country. Lawyers, signing, notarizing, etc...all with our middle man in tow. I know he's not sitting in on my physical-so he's hanging out with his dad at the lawyer's, in cabs, finding me and my signature, which might be alright, but it's pretty far from my idea of a fun day for a kid. It could all be fine. Backpack, book, snacks...he'll probably enjoy the break from dining room table school:)
Oh the list is long, but I'm up early, so off I leap into this day! I'm hoping to get my sense of humour back, because I'm feeling a bit flat at the moment-and that's not a mammogram joke-'k, well, now it is.
Cheers and chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment