Thursday, 17 May 2012

Birthday blog...

I'm feeling reflective.
This time last year, Jeff was in the hospital and the days were about health.  This year, we have health in our family--yay!- (well, a sprained wrist, and a crazily rashy boy--but generally--all of us are well).  I think I took a birthday cake to the hospital to share with Jeff and the kids because he had turned the corner and was feeling better.  I'd have to research here in the blog, because I've honestly forgotten the details of it all, I just remember needing him to be fine, and being grateful that he was.
I did a lot in my 30's, as I mentioned in response to my Aunt's kind wishes:)  Our family grew, we bought a home, another one, moved, moved, etc...and we found new friendships everywhere we went!  There were lots of hellos and goodbye...some were final, and there were tears for the losses along with gratitude for having known them.  There were ordinary hellos and goodbyes too, the vacation kind, the moving kind, the leaving the country kind...I didn't count on so many- so I'm more open to imagining that so many things could happen.
What will happen in the next few years will only be certain once it has!  I know right now that I am grateful for family and friends, and today, after all the birthday wishes, I am reassured that friendship and love easily leap across the miles and refuse to be limited by geography!  Thanks to everyone who sent them!
Now, it's time for the traditional birthday dinner (chosen by haver of the the birthday)-and CAKE that I can eat:)
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment