I could sing! The air (which I've confessed to assessing as stupidly contaminated--I don't care how much of a dish the city's in--all the more reason to clean it up I SAY!!!), anyway, back to the air....it's crisp, clean and beautiful today, so I'm taking in deep breaths of it. The mountains are snow covered, the valley is still green...couldn't be lovlier.
The kids are now in their new grades, with only a couple of familiar faces in each grade to greet them. I'm hoping their teachers are fantastic.
I'm still having smoothies, in the interest of fresh starts, to calm everything. I bought a fairly large chicken for dinner tonight, because it's going to make soup tomorrow, which will then become Wednesday's lunch for the kids. I'll live off the past glory of yesterday's activities, because today's all about the on-line orientation for the new courses I'm taking. I hope I can be diligent enough to tackle a couple at a time next go'round, then I can take the Christmas break off with zero guilt, and zero work too...
I'll be in for a lot on the computer, a lot of reading, etc...but I'm looking forward to the subject matter. I will consider a quick tutorial on typing as well, this one's contained many a backspace. I have to put one little bit of love for the South American life in now, and I do this sparingly, but I'm loving that I can come home with groceries, they get put away for me, and now, the vacuum's running and I am not on the operating end of it! Later, when I go to get the kids, Flor will start dinner for me, and all we have to do is serve it up. This is why I have time to study--I feel fortunate!
And Stacy used-to-be-J, I think of you so often in the grocery store when I'm shopping here...not because you're about food, but nearly every time I shop in the morning, they're um, "rocking out" to Sweet Caroline! I wish we could have had a few fewer appointments so I had more time to see friends! I do feel caught up though, with your blog and pics:)
Off to book the afterschool bus for the kids (that's 90mins more study time). Then, I'll enjoy the lovely electric heater that's at my feet, and get at the orientation!
Chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment