I know there was one, but I've leapt into this week's activity in a manner such that the weekend seems long ago...I still have my Mother's day flower on the table, it's paper, so the longevity should be quite excellent.
I did some good leaping though, with a soup ready for myself and anyone else in the family who likes borsht, and a husband with a renewed passport, and a fresh todo list that is deliciously, if not ridiculously, complete. Some of those jobs went to Jeff, and I kept quite a few for myself. That's alright-more to check off with gusto and ceremony, or just a quick tick--depending...
The booking of the travel was a great big check. It was also surprising, because with the extra time Jeff and I spent researching yesterday while he shook with a feverish chill, we were able to shave 7G off the flights with AC, then ended up doing points and cash, and we knocked 2G off the Disney bill because we found their dine free in September promotion. I'd buy my friends a thank-you coffee tomorrow, when we meet as usual--but they always beat me there! I'll thank them here...and then again in the morning.
We are all looking forward to our Canada trip too...look out! Judging from the numbers of my Canadian friends here who are heading back...there will be a jump in retail! Stephanie alone could create it--I just know. She's cra-zy for Canadian candy. My kids are too--imagine if she and my kids hit the candy aisle at once? There'd be shortages and rationing!
So we're going to have a breakfast at Tim Horton's in Pearson, eat at the food courts, shop in Costco, and Toys R Us, and I'll get more workout gear (inspired wardrobe equals greater likelihood of exercise), and we'll get a couple more suitcase (but this time, ones that have lifetime warrenties, so I can stop buying suitcases!!!) and some Children's Place summer wear for little girls, and relaxed summer wear for older boys--so that pretty much takes care of the retail--which needs the list I'm working on.
As for the rest-FUN-yes, I all-capped it on purpose. Family and friends all over the place. I am excited! We're comin'to your house! There's a robot camp for the eldest science guy, and mini golf, and regular golf, and swimming, and hotels, and--this is one the kids are bananas for--pizza in the hotel room with a movie. BAzinga!
I know myself well enough to know I'll tire of the suitcases and hauling soon enough--but it's always worth it! I've also, I won't say perfected, (because then there'd be no room to tweak the system-and where's the fun in that?!?!) I'll say I've implemented a two nighter-bag that allows for expedient "In and Out" from places on the road. It allows 5 people to access one bag only-thus leaving the others intact, undisturbed, and stacked in a corner of someone's house, a hotel room, or locked in the truck within easy reach so it can be the first bag in...
Alright-that's enough of my anticipation for now, and it's time to make dinner. Several of us are feeling under the weather, so it's one of those "lightweight" dinners designed to calm the bellies. I have only a slight headache, so some extra water should cure it, along with the borsht...
Chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment