It's been very quiet here... not true quiet, just writing quiet. I don't feel I have much new to say on the food...it's all quite routine now, so that must mean that inspiration will hit in a few days, weeks, months??? I am getting a little concerned about how I'm going to be able to get the right foods when we're eating out on our holidays. I hope lettuce isn't the only answer.
I've been keeping at the photos, taking care of sick people in the family, and feeling a smidge tired myself. I also read the book for my club last night and had a great chat about and around it. I have good women here! This morning, I came back from a parenting coffee talk that they hold at school, and I'm inspired to do something-I've just not put it all together yet. I'll write some more someday, if I feel I have anything to say that hasn't already been said. My experiences are becoming more unique by the year, maybe something good will happen that's worth writing about...
Whenever I share something, I always get more back than I expected, or even offered. I do feel I need to do more than I already am, but, but, but...what? More school, more work, more teaching, more writing? The woes of an extroverted expat woman/wife/mom...they're really not that woeful! To have nothing but opportunity staring at you is liberating (and a little daunting from time to time).
Whenever I share something, I always get more back than I expected, or even offered. I do feel I need to do more than I already am, but, but, but...what? More school, more work, more teaching, more writing? The woes of an extroverted expat woman/wife/mom...they're really not that woeful! To have nothing but opportunity staring at you is liberating (and a little daunting from time to time).
Whatever it is, I know this much--it will be something on communication, health, or education. It would have to be, as that's what I'm interested in...kids, life, experiences, etc... In many ways as a family, we're doing all the usual stuff-but then again...we've made a few choices that deviate slightly from the "norm", yet I still feel like we're just a normal family. There's a lot to be said for keeping an open mind, and asking what if? Maybe that's the title of my book. What if? It's the phrase that opens up the imagination and all its possibilities, so it really is one of my faves.
OK, two more cents on food...there's a "wild turkey" soup on the go [the rice is wild--not the turkey!]. It's marked for the fevered and lethargic who don't know they're hungry, don't feel like eating--but still must! Additionally, I made a lentil, carrot, and zucchini concoction for myself that I must go tend to. Again, the beauty of the self-stirring Thermomix gets some appreciation here... it just does such a great job-no hazard, nothing boils over, I don't need the stove, hardly makes any dishes--I really love leaving it.
Chao! Hope the flus and colds skip over your houses!
OK, two more cents on food...there's a "wild turkey" soup on the go [the rice is wild--not the turkey!]. It's marked for the fevered and lethargic who don't know they're hungry, don't feel like eating--but still must! Additionally, I made a lentil, carrot, and zucchini concoction for myself that I must go tend to. Again, the beauty of the self-stirring Thermomix gets some appreciation here... it just does such a great job-no hazard, nothing boils over, I don't need the stove, hardly makes any dishes--I really love leaving it.
Chao! Hope the flus and colds skip over your houses!
No comments:
Post a Comment