I watched Smallville while I cycled yesterday...so I still have superhero talk in my head. That, and the migraine. I'm on the downhill side of it...I think. I lost a couple hours when I was sleeping it off...but I'm awake and I believe I'm alright. My stomach is skeptical though... because in my desperation to not slide all the way into a full-blown vomit fest of a migraine, I had a shot of espresso for the caffeine (because I know it messes with the arterial dilation-so I was hoping to benefit from that). It was more like medicine than a coffee though, just a teeny gulp of instant coffee, and I didn't even enjoy it.
Trying to recall yesterday's foods, and I did have popcorn-but a migraine is a bit too grand a response to that. I've also tried an aloe juice, which made my throat feel a bit raw, so maybe that's it. Could also be that my neck is feeling a bit crunchy too. Anyway, I'm up now. And the rest of my day is free, save for getting the kids from school to their swimming lesson.
I'm looking forward to holidays already, and there's a little long weekend approaching for Easter. I'd like to have a little fun outside of the city...but where? I'll have to canvas my friends here and see what's good, and I'll get my little green idea book out too. The International Association put out a little publication for just this purpose, and I refer to it when I don't have an idea of my own.
Our Canadian holiday is getting closer, so my list of Canadian things to find and bring back is growing...I like to get summer wear that's a little large for the kids, so that it fits for December-February. There's no option here like Old Navy, the clothes are either super cheap (and cheaply made too) or super brand-y, and that's not great either. With school uniforms though, I don't really have to get as much for anyone.
In clothing news though, I will share a story, in dialogue form, that's pretty much the same from year to year as we go through the closets...
"Ok, try this one on please"
"It fits."
"T-r-y it on please."
"I know it fits"
"I'd like to see it on you."
[ssssighhhhhh]
"Hm. I guess I grew."
"Ok, does this one still fit?"
"No."
"Try it on please."
"It doesn't fit."
"I think it might--try it! Yeahhhh, it's still a good fit"
"I think it might--try it! Yeahhhh, it's still a good fit"
[Pause] "I don't like it."
"Why?"
"Why?"
"It's too hot." or "This part makes me itchy." or "The sleeves bug me." or....
And so, the clothes migrate into the next closet, or out the door to other kids. And I look at the 10 things that they always choose from, and decide that they don't really need much more. They are so dedicated to their faves...
And, typing is taxing my brain and hand-eye right now, so I'd better go heat up my Magic Bag again, and continue to take it easy.
Chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment