Saturday, 3 October 2015

Ending the week on a high note - Cheers to healing

So, when I was feeling awful, nauseated, anemic, etc... I pushed as best I could.  My workout weights were far lower than I was used to, my efforts felt floppy-armed, or tired-legged... my joints ached.  And it was largely due to that damnable parasite.  Havoc had been wreaked. At the time, I just thought my workouts were lame because I was so tired.

I'm not longer of that opinion.  I think my muscles-whole body really-were weakened. I came to this conclusion when I sat down this fall, after a super-chill summer of doing not too, too much...and the weights felt so light.  SO light. Got me thinking, it did.

My reasoning is this, if I were just tired, I should not have regained so much strength over the summer.  I should just be able to work out longer? Sort of along those lines of thinking anyway....I've doubled the weight that I can pull down, and it's much closer to what I used to do. Summer reading shouldn't be able to accomplish that!

Summary? Body healed in more ways than I thought, I think. Energy is better, and might have dropped a pound or two.  Literally, 1 or 2, not figurative for 'a small amount'... it's one, or two.

In other news...biggest kid asked me to set aside some smoothie for him?!! Although there is no seismic data to support this next statement -- my world was rocked.

Cheers and chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment