Saturday, 12 September 2015

These days (better and worse)

And it's not even a post about marriage...

These days of re-establishing routines...opportunity, relief, and a wee bit of reluctance to move off of the schedule-free days of summer.  Must register for all the extra classes, looking at companies that might be a good fit for me, while at the same time, building on ideas for my own business, and getting the home paperwork managed.  The biggest things right now are dealing with the continuing repercussions of moving back to Canada.  We have tax mix-ups to deal with - someone's under the impression that we over contributed by amounts that exceed the funds, so that needs a little shaking - but I'm off track!

I really sat in the seat to rest after a big grocery re-stock, cake bake, and bit of banking. I look around with a bit of satisfaction instead of list-making! I feel ok, just regular-tired, after getting the groceries back home at only a few minutes past 10 in the morning-and yes, I impressed myself with not just falling down.  So why does this matter today? I think it's the time away that has given me a little perspective on how I felt when we left for holidays...

After weeks away, I think back to how I was feeling before we left, and now, because everything is the same, I think I am feeling quite marvellous in comparison.  I have had to accept that many, many extra pounds are currently keeping me company-but if this is how I have to look to feel ok, then so be it.  I would of course choose to be lighter, and feel fitter, and healthy--but for now, I am taking whatever good I can get.  With perspective, and reflection, I'd prefer to feel this way, and heavier, than to be vomiting after every meal.  Gross, but true.

I have some energy, and I think with more time and continued good eating, I'll keep feeling better. If I feel the need to pat myself on the back - which is ok, and necessary sometimes!- I'll give myself an "atta girl!" for keeping the focus on health, nutrition, and appreciating the health that I have rebuilt over the last year.  The kids are healthier too, and that means the world to me.

To end this post with a giggle, we were planning a birthday menu (because birthday person sets it!) and someone asked for a kale and cranberry salad.  If that wasn't humourous enough on its own, the older brother exclaimed "why are you bringing more kale into our lives?!!!" I guess the smoothies just weren't enough?

Cheers and chao, and gluten-dairy-corn free birthday cupcakes...with regular cake for those who can!

No comments:

Post a Comment