Tuesday, 25 August 2015

Everything left to do

If you have two weeks of holidays, one of those weeks is half.  That's actual math.  Subjective math--that's a whole other story.  If you have one week of holidays left, and you've been busy relaxing (mostly...well, I really mean being without much of a schedule) for weeks- then one week becomes almost nothing.  We are almost done. We're practically outta here, etc...

So that has me trying to make the most of it, while at the same time, getting the trailer ready to head westward again.  We extended things here, to make use of the cabin, and let the minor repairs happen at home... and to coordinate with travel schedules, etc... What that means to a scheduler like me, is that now I have to change the kids' and my own appointments that I'd cleverly made to be after holidays, but before school.  Oh well.  I'll take extra time over dentist chair - I guess...

We've been here so long I can actually feel the prairie summer starting to cool into fall-like weather.  The other day, for example, I walked outside, and my first thought was "pumpkin pie".  It was pumpkin pie weather.  I still operate-in food-related ways---to the farm rythym-even though I was only ever a visitor.  I want to make jam, pickles, chutney, freeze things, etc...  We had a roasted chicken dinner the other night, because it felt like a good time to make roasted chicken.  Then-the weather laughed, and we went to the beach too.

I tried lighting the pilot on the fireplace, as a way for the kids to warm up after the lake--but had no joy in that department...Finding that troubleshooting guide is on my list.  Fall makes me want to make lists, and get things done, and I'll have more time to do just that, having ordered the school supply kit from school I'll not even need to hit the shops for any of that. In the getting things done category, I'll be registering kids for swimming and music lessons - all that fun extra-curricular jazz!

And very importantly, I'll be keeping at getting business things running...because once school restarts, my days are scheduled and much simpler as I transition from recreation coordinator to person who works...so now it's all logistics and time management?!!

Cheers and chao

No comments:

Post a Comment