That's how much Middle Man loves writing. I think as soon as he can type instead of write, he'll be a much less reluctant writer. And it's not that I'm trying to coerce him into the family business - I'm still questing to help him match his output with his incredibly creative and inventive thoughts....aaaaand, helping him get at a job instead of investing his creativity in ways to dodge the task!
He has skills; they are many and varied. From the delay/slink, to the deflect/hope for forgetting, etc...I've resorted to requiring the journaling be done before other forms of fun; which of course means that I'm enduring more intense forms of evasion...True, they leave me mentally muttering "a strong will will serve him well, a strong will will serve him well, a strong will will serve him well...". I'm eager for the day when he uses his strong will in favour of things, instead of against them! Having said that, I'm thankful that none of our kiddos are pushovers. And joyfully-they practice on me...
We're nearly done here at the lake, the rare few still here with children, as our district starts after the long weekend. Everyone here seems to be doing their best to enjoy the fine weather today. There's a dad & girlie golfing today, but the rest of us haven't yet stirred outside the confines yet--but I will soon, as I get the packing list written. Who, oh who, will be excited about the clean-up list? Maybe me only, as I'm the one who gets to write it. I will of course be one who ticks off many of the tasks--the goal - get them done soon enough that it's a welcoming place when we return, but not so soon that I'm redoing them!!!
In reflective moments of calm in a quiet place, I have been thinking about the animals we've seen: bucks, does, fawns, bald eagles, falcons, ducks, duck, and more ducks, some Canada Geese mobilizing, beaver, dragonflies aplenty (yay them!), mosquitoes are fewer than I recalled/feared, salamander, spiders, bees, crows, chickadees, minnows, crazy caterpillar with giant spikes, and little transparent flies that "kept me company" on the beach despite fanning them away repeatedly. Ohh- and bats. We have bats close by that were fun to watch swooping around as they flew off to hunt in the night. They made tiny little peeps.
And now- I must do that list, as this entry is a small recollection of the fun I've had this summer- and I, like the Middle Man, have a little more work to do before I get out into the day to soak in the sun. My list is begun, the dishes are done, and the journal is underway...maybe we have been learning in the midst of all the fun?!
Cheers and chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment