This recipe is lake, and summer inspired, but mostly, it's because our friends brought cucumbers fresh from the garden. And they brought new potatoes and radishes too- which has nothing whatsoever to do with this recipe...but it's n-i-c-e!
The kids, and husband, and friends are still on the water, and the beach, but I wanted to get a jump on dinner with the pie-in-the-sky idea that the kids might go to sleep tonight before they're zombified...I know, I'm a dreamer. They seem solar powered on these long summer days; and they're convinced that if the sun is up, they should be too. We've gone with it for the most part, to make the most of each day of our relaxed time together. There are consequences however...so every once in a while, I bring bedtimes a little more into the 'normal' time zones...
Anyway - this salad. It's going with BBQd steak, BBQd potatoes (the new ones, o'course!), garden beets too, and some rice for those nightshade avoiders among us...so no new potatoes for me, or Middle Man. I'm going to have to hustle with this post though, because there's more chopping ahead!
Cucumber Salad
Dressing, whisked together in the serving bowl:
2 tbsp plain coconut milk yogurt
1-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/8 tsp powdered ginger
1/8 tsp ground black pepper - which is an approximation of how many twists of the grinder I did?!
1 pkg stevia to balance out the tart vinegar
cucumbers! This amount of dressing nicely coated 4 small ones.
I sliced the cucumbers thinly, with a mandolin, right over the bowl (being the non-fan of superfluous dishes that I am...)
Work them all together with the dressing, let is sit out for a few minutes to come together flavour-wise, and then chill.
Options would be to add some red onion in there too, about 1/2 of a large one, I'll add some dried dill before I serve it.
Cheers and chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment