Sunday, 14 June 2015

Ridiculous grouchiness seems to be the hand I'm playing with the next step medicines

I haven't gone into a lot of detail with how I've been feeling lately, because it's super jaggy...which is a bummer all the way around.  I've had to do a few more tests, related to the cascade effects of the thyroid issues and hemoglobin being very low.  If those conditions persist for a time (like say, how long I've been dealing...) then the whole endocrine system gets messed around, every. single. messenger. that is a hormone--all of them...because of the physical stresses created by the parasite setting up camp in my body.  I am always glad it's gone.  Still bouncing back, I am.

The fatigue is a response to chronic overproduction of cortisol, which is a stress hormone with months in mind--if hormones could define their windows of activities...adrenaline, for example, is the famous flight or flight response, meant to last for minutes-enough to get you through a toe-to-toe, or providing muscle response to support a proper fleeing from a situation.  Cortisol, with its months-long activity, is a hormone that pads and adds to the body and organs if a person deals with more than a few moments of stress.  It's related to inflammation, responds to a person being wound up repeatedly (having gotten the message that times are dangerous, and there's going to be some kind of reckoning that means your survival is in question, hence the padding, and protecting, etc...)

For me, the newest medicine is a pre-hormone, called DHEA that is necessary in the production of many other hormones--a "raw material" in the manufacture of hormones for both men and women.  That's the charmer I think is responsible for the blistering face I have at the moment (hoping that will pass soon, as I become accustomed to it).  I think the plan is that down the road, with all of the specific foods I'm eating, the vitamins, omegas, along with the exercise and rest, I'm going to be able to regulate energy better, by helping out the adrenal glands, which manufacture the DHEA under regular conditions--which might exist in a body that's not colonized by parasites that stressed all the systems with malnutrition...so I think I'm circling in and approaching a longer term solution.

Meanwhile- it's a topsy-turvy couple of weeks while all that settles. I'm coping with exercise, reading fiction, building a website, cultivating new clients and considering ideas for consulting... It all gets a lot easier when the dad-husband returns from site.  It's been 24/7 mama for much longer than usual--and while I can fly solo, I greatly prefer flights with the parent co-pilot on board!

Cheers and chao!  Going to check on the baking fish...dinner's late, but it will land on a plate-

No comments:

Post a Comment