Saturday, 7 February 2015

And more about food

With the big kid needing a super nutritious diet for the time being, we are in the midst of looking for things to eat that aren't "Ew".  I have to keep a sense of humour about the whole thing, or I'll turn into Eeyore, and the clouds outside will breach the walls, and it will rain on all of us...

It's extreme eating, but the hope is that for him, it's temporary.  My deepest hope is that he'll get right-side up digestively, and then we'll not have to worry about these extreme measures again, and we'll be able to return to just "regular" healthy eating--which would be half the plate being veggies, with a meat and a "usual" carb, like potatoes or rice.  My deepest fear is that his growth is going to be affected- but I'll never know that answer will I?  How could I?  So I guess there's no point in worrying over that.  The upside of not getting so tall as his dad would be air travel, doorways...etc.

I'm endeavouring to be positive about it all--focus on what we can eat, rather than pining for what we can't.  Focus on health, rather than the deprivation of a cookie-less existence, 'n all that... For me, that would be losing about 1/3 of one pound.  See - I'm r-e-a-l-l-y stretching, aren't I?!!  Several times daily, I pause for several deep breaths of recognizing a frustration, seeing it for what it is, creating a more appreciative perspective for myself, and moving on...

So, moving on, here's what I'm making for lunch for everyone.  Did I mention that we're all going to like it, whether we like it or not?!!  Maple and black peppered salmon, along with braised baby brussel sprouts (salt, pepper, and olive oil).  For extra fun, we're going to have a contest involving saying that phrase several times...braised baby brussel sprouts.  I'm kidding.  We're not going to do that-I was just joking because it's even difficult to type that correctly.

Cheers and chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment