Thursday, 29 January 2015

Patterns...emerging and ones I've noticed for a long time

Well, it's a pain to record the data, but already it's useful.  As I go down the list, I see the things I meant to do, and thanks to the spreadsheet I made to hold the data, there's still time to get it done.  For example, I forgot the fibre and glutamine drink...perhaps because it tastes bad, or maybe it was just the headache.

I still feel like my thoughts are not as 'pin-able' as when I'm feeling entirely myself...yet I am still having them.  Last night, I even had a creative idea arrive while I was letting my mind wander.  I have been more pre-occupied that I realized, waiting to find out what's happening with biggest kid's digestive issues, which I realize now that we've gotten at least a partial diagnosis.  I am confident that he'll bounce back better than ever--but meanwhile, it's elimination/inclusion eating for him.  It's helping me too, as I am hoping that if he's not the only one eating this way, he might feel less frustrated about the whole process of having to cram 9 cups of vegetables into his days.  Those 9 cups have me causing a run on leafy greens in the markets here!

I believe it's worth all the effort, and the undeniable expense of it all.  This kind of shopping isn't forever though, and since feel great is the goal, I think it's fine.  It makes the wallet squeal, but I plug my ears.  This reminds me of a friend who once quipped, paraphrasing here, "I really should be more price sensitive at the shops--but, I'm going to buy it anyway!"  On the humorous upside...it does make the Costco dash into the chiller more worthwhile, because we're using the veggies up in Costco-esque magnitudes.

I'm looking into everything we're eating very carefully, trying to make sure it's the healthiest version that I can find, because the big kid needs to get better as quickly as possible.  I should have perhaps applied that zeal to my own welfare, however, as I mentioned/confessed before--it's ruddy difficult to keep running full-speed at problems that are as dodgy as whatever has been dogging me.  I'm not acute anymore, and that is good; but, it also means I need to guard against complacency--which the charting is helping me do! Now, I must leap out of the chair and go do the things the list has shown me I've skipped until now--

Cheers and chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment