Sunday, 27 July 2014

Over two weeks! Restarting the count, thanks to fro-yo!?

It's been almost that long that I've been able to keep food down.  I think that's positive.  It's helping me more securely dismiss the serious things that sometimes invade my imagination...like what the long term consequences of all this vomiting might be, how to heal up, how long I'll be feeling this way, eating this way, etc...

So the frozen yogurt didn't work--but maybe it was mushrooms.  Or maybe it was the mixture thereof.  My brother and sister-in-law BBQd a delicious dinner...and I had mushrooms, which can be high in histamine--but they were delicious nonetheless! And then, we went for frozen yogurts, and I added in peanut butter candies and chocolate.  My face is erupting, itching with what might be either hives, or dermatitis... It's not lovely to feel or see in the mirror.  Very distracting, really.  I'd peel it off to stop the itching.  But I try to control that, as I don't actually want to peel my face off...

Today is another vacation day, and after a couple days of feeling less great, I'm ready for a little exercise, even if it's just a walk!  I think that staying calm and relaxed, in part to have a good life, and in part to reduce the stress response that contributes to inflammation is an important part of the equation for me--but that's an old musing that I need to revisit often!

Cheers and chao-

No comments:

Post a Comment