These are the ones that I chose to go into the ditch to shoot...because it was safer-meanwhile, the ruts were filled with water that was burying rock--"oops" said the tire pressure monitor. We'll see how the four wheels have fared in the morning?!! But anyway, back to the chasing. The first was just going for a nice walk after dinner (salmon, rice with ginger and dill, cucumbers, carrots and broccoli--as a "by the way"). Then...rain clouds...thunder...a few drops that directed me to tuck the camera and jog...then more...so I ran...then it let up, and I considered trying a couple more-then it started really falling...so more running with the camera mother-goosed under my arm...then we got back to the cabin after a pretty steady and brisk pace...and not 12 seconds after we hit shelter- it began to pour. SO, what do I see out the windows but beautiful blazing clouds--and not one more dripping droplet of rain fell. So out again, wiser-style, with the truck... rewarded with a rising full moon.
| After the rain |
| I used different exposures on the same frame...and picked the one that was closest to the reality of the scene |
The pics below are representative of how I think of summer nights at the lake...
That's us--in the ditch...with tail lights barely discernible...and, you can't even see the tire warning light from that distance. If I had to give this one a title, (and I don't, but I could...) it would be 'night.
Cheers and chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment