Wednesday, 2 April 2014

The gorgeous internet allows us to enjoy this one-- credit to cousin Lori for this gluten-free bread in a cup connection

From someone else's excited about food blog at http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/11/gluten-free-bread-in-a-cup-in-seconds.html

This is more along the lines of not-very-often eaten food, but it seems easy, s'therefore I think it's dangerous--it could be the slip on the slope of eating too much processed food!  But still-I share. (That's fair warning, right?!!)

From her blog....so, not my son, and someone else's mom...

Monday, November 26, 2012
On the drive “over the river and through the woods”…I did some online research (thank you modern technology)…that really paid off! I found exactly what I was looking for and then some! A single-serving, yeast-free, gluten-free bread using Pamela’s baking mix that only took 85 seconds to cook in the microwave! Perfect!
When I got to my Mom’s house I whipped up a couple of “loaves” and it couldn’t have been easier!
gluten free bread in a cup

gluten-free bread in a cup

by Jennifer Harris at G-Free Foodie
Grease one large cup (coffee cup, measuring cup, etc.) and add to it:
Combine the wet ingredients first and then incorporate the baking mix and the sugar (makes the bread softer) and stir until well combined. Use a rubber spatula or your finger to push the dough down into the cup and clean the surface of any extra batter.
Put the cup in your microwave and cook for 85 seconds (cooking times may vary). Prepare to be amazed when the timer goes off. What you will have in that cup is warm, soft bread! Transfer the bread onto a rack to cool then cut into three slices (or just eat it like it is!)
gluten free bread in a cup
gluten free bread in a cup
You can also toast this bread and it’s even MORE delicious! (Gluten-free bread is always better toasted for some reason.)  Or you could use it as a hamburger bun or even make grilled cheese sandwiches with it. The possibilities are endless!
gluten free bread in a cup
gluten free bread in a cup

Here are a few more variations that Jennifer came up with:
Sugar and Spice – 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, plus 1 tsp. extra sugar
Chocolate – 1 Tablespoon chocolate chips
Cornbread – 1 Tablespoon polenta, 2 Tablespoons grated cheddar and 1 Tablespoon green chilies
Italian – 1/8 tsp. Italian herbs plus 1 Tablespoon parmesan cheese
You can even cook the bread in different dishes to change the shape. Experiment and see what you can come up!
Now you (and I) have the perfect way to add hot, fluffy gluten-free bread to any meal!  Hooray!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment