Skinny lunch soup
Generous splash of olive oil, heated in a large pot,
Add and stir, in order
2 onions, sliced into thin wedges...let those caramelize a bit
2 cups grated cabbage and carrot (lucky us, it comes vacuum sealed in the produce section)
5 or six cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed in*
Two cubes of whatever soup cubes you feel like-chicken, veg, onion...beef.
1 tsp (approx) ginger
1 tsp (approx) dill
2 tsp (approx) turmeric
Add water to cover by a few centimetres
Add 1/4 GF soy sauce
Add about a half pound of frozen tilapia-ta-da-cook, you're done. Unless you want to add vermicelli, or pad thai noodles, or bean threads, in which case, increase the water, bring back to a boil and add away!
* I've been loving the cleaver lately, and find it's even better than a large chef's knife for garlic, because I like to cut off the root end, and using the cleaver sideways, to pound the head of garlic and then I can pop each one out of the skin, easily. I can't recall which cooking show had this...but I watched SO much TV while I was on bed rest orders for a few months for a baby many years ago:)
No comments:
Post a Comment