I'm sighing, and slightly hunched with stomach pains that have been lingering for nearly two weeks. I decided to take the pills we left Canada with--the ones for just such an occasion. I always have trouble discerning the difference between 'food allergy/sensitivity' and a bug. I'm hurting, like when I had the rotovirus.
I've been struggling to keep foods down-but that's allergy sometimes. Today, I'm just going to focus on the struggle briefly, to have a laugh, and move on. Travelled to the airport to retrieve husband, flight was delayed, went to restaurant to pass time, and let the hungry kids snack. I tried a juice called lulo--and had an arepa, a little steamed potato, and some of the queso fresco (fresh cheese). Knowing myself well enough, I had only a little of the cheese. Who needs a lactose ache??? Not me.
I was very thirsty, so I started with the juice...food came, and almost before I could finish the arepa, I started to get a headache - translation: allergic reaction. Concluded that I likely shouldn't have the juice again. Hmmm...itching face seems to agree with the allergic reaction. Stomach was churning by this point, and thanks to being green with morning (nay, all-day!) sickness with each of the three children-I am an expert at knowing exactly where I'm at nausea-wise. I even have this tip to share--if you know you're going to vomit in a public washroom, it's clever to put a couple o' squares in first to keep everything under control. I'll say this now-here, paper goes in the bins, not in the toilets. I didn't put paper in.
Remember I promised it would get gross? Here we go... In the bano--happy that no one else was, I vomited. See? Gross as promised. Washed up, stepped toward the door--remembered that I was a nausea expert, waited a few seconds and did it all again. Only, this time, it was violent--nearly got my shoes--and for the first time ever--I had splashback into my eye. MY EYE! I was so super-grossed-out that I have convinced myself that surely my reflexes will have prevented actual vomit-toilet water from getting into my eye...so I kept it blinked shut --hard...and without depth perception got the TP, dried up...and then carefully, used some hand sanitizer on the rest of my face so I wouldn't blind myself because I got grossed out. I don't even know if you can get an E. coli infection in an eye-but so disgusting to even wonder that in one's day.
I've had a nice wash again at home now, but seriously. That happened.
Now's the part where I prepare a forced laugh as I type "oh well!". So, uhm....Ha...hah.
No comments:
Post a Comment