Saturday, 16 March 2013
Something's bugging me...
The first preying mantis I see in the "wild" is actually in the city...sitting civilized beside the fountain downtown, at the Juan Valdez Cafe. I stuck my bracelet quite close to him, for scale. I didn't want him to look all ordinary, like a cricket. I assume he's single-because he still has a head!
I chose this photo to signify roughly where I'm at in the move. We're through all the little things, there's enough stuff here in the house to function. I am tired of wearing the same stuff, so I've added a few new things from the shops here. I will reinforce a stereotype now: I miss my shoes. I miss the style options they provide; and I really miss the fit variety because my feet hurt if I keep wearing the same shoes repeatedly. This means that the little things are getting to me. Like my class.
Everything was swimming along, which reminds me that I haven't found swimming yet...etc... I'm through the urgent phases, and then in my class, (change management-HA!), there's an assignment that had me make a list of things from the past that need to be done. So now, I've had to stare down that huge list, and I feel like I have a mountain of little crappy things to do that are really important. One by one I guess-I'm currently mid-sigh about though, and haven't really taken the big breath needed to power through, or peck at it...etc...
To find perspective, I have to look at the positive-we have gotten a lot of stuff done, arranged, installed, repaired, etc....The house is mostly working, the kids are mostly happy at school, I've felt great about the project I've joined (a non-profit that provides nutrition and quality education for preschoolers in 'have not' and 'have less' kinds of neighbourhoods here), I'm doing well in my class, and Jeff's project is fitting well.
I'm sure that once we're more accustomed to everything my sense of humour will return to its normal-right now, I'm having to consciously activate it...but oh well-it's a passing phase in every move that just has to get gotten through. I'm sure it would have all felt like this sooner, if it weren't for friends on Facebook, skype, and facetime!
I am going to pick up the camera more often, and then I'll have a book, to remember the move by, once I get it done!
Cheers and chao.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment