She outgrew clothes while we were here-those need to go to shorter friends or get donated
That's too warm for Columbia, I'll need to pack that into rubbermaid tubs for our next visit to the cold. Will that fit? Is it worth storing? Should I save it? Give it away?
[Started making piles on the sofa for giveaways, piles for storage, as the laundry dried, the piles grew. Started sorting my clothes into "winter" and Colombia]
Paperwork.
Will our new visa cards arrive by mail in time?
Will the cello case arrive in time?
Will my texts arrive in time?
[Looking at clothes] That might be good to keep clean for our travelling days. Too soon. Next week.
Do I really want to take that? If I keep it here, how will I pack it into the truck. I might need more storage bins. No, maybe I won't, because the three I bought to fit under the cot are going to be free...
I need to find a dentist in Medellin-it's nearly been six months.
Have to get letters for the kids admission to school. Need doctor letters too. What needs to be in a doctor letter? Have to email the school again.
Do we fly business or economy. Difference baggage allowances. What's my Aeroplan status? Why haven't I received the emails yet?
Should I take the skinny blanket? Would we use the fluffy blankets, or should those stay here for our next cold weather visit.
Cleaning the truck-better now or when we retrieve it from storage again? It's so dirty. Hard to clean frozen...maybe I should take it to a detail shop where they can work above zero. If it doesn't dry thoroughly, it could really stink after it comes out of storage. Might be better to let it stay frozen...but then all that moisture that's currently ice in the mats could do the same thing...I'll wait to get the snow tires off, oh yeah. Need to store the tires too. That reduces the storage capacity of the truck a lot.
OK-visas are set. That's solid.
Hotel booking for temporary housing stay.
Shopping for furniture. How expensive is decent furniture there? I can't imagine the fortunes my friends have to spend when they move back to Australia. I'd still like to go to Australia though, even if the costs of living are through the roof.
How far is the city from the beach?
Are there easier flights to the Galapagos from Colombia? [Very high on list of places I want to go and photograph...Biology interest has been high since I was a youngish teen. It's been so long I can't remember not dreaming of going there...]
Will the home owners we're renting from want to sell us their shelves? I don't want to buy used beds-but that's kind of kooky, considering I'm fine staying in hotels. But I will buy fresh beds. Should email about appliances. Different countries have different practices about what stays with a rental and what goes. Maybe appliances aren't part of the deal? What does it matter though-Jeff will be wanting another fridge anyway-sort of a given.
The laundry is going off here...must deal with that and bedtime...don't remember what kind of machines were in the house-but it might not even matter...but small machines kill clothes...hmmm...
So that's it...just a few minutes of spin, recorded here for my future laughing needs, after it's all done.
Cheers and chao!
For Auntie, who asked how this gets done, I'll say one piece at a time:) I also have a little notebook, and I am not taking any courses right now!
ReplyDelete