The cryptic title is to hint at the uncertainty we're facing.
1. Everything is going to be fine,
2. We don't know where everything is going to be.
Project is wrapping up, and we're on the move again, likely, unless there's a project here that piques his interest...then we'll stay. Staying would be so lovely...as we're all settled in again. Going means sad goodbyes and another pile of work to settle somewhere new. Now, I know it's not the first time we've moved (this year--such a funny joke--bytheway...) which is precisely why I am not looking forward to another one.
It gets a giant "oh well" because that's how it is. This path we're on, like everything, is a coin...there's a flipside. I really like that he's getting calls, and that there's interest in getting him onto ___ team to build something, so that's reassuring. I fear that my google engine is going to seize up, as it works overtime with each call. "Here?" "There?"
A sampling of my responses: well..., those might be good, that one doesn't sound super, I don't know enough about that place to venture an opinion, etc.... And then I google. And I google. And there is no shortage of material to work through online...Yet, even at that, material to ponder online hardly compares to the whirlwinds of considerations whistling their way through my brain.
Oh well, we've done it before, and we'll do it again--What would it be like to have all our friends in the same room/continent/country/ or party??? I will focus on the adventure and the ways to stay in touch with these friends--they're so worth it:) It's been so fantastic to connect with such a grand group, who are doing the same/similar things that we've been doing.
I think this last round of headaches (literal, not figurative ones!) is possibly tension-related, as the harder I think, the more I scrunch my neck! So glad I haven't taken on another course, so at least I had the sense to back up that truck:) Playing the waiting game seems to take a lot of mental space, but it will all work out, it always does...
In my pondering, I managed to start two of three kids into their "old" school for the next grades, and I've kept the youngster-for-grade at home, to spare him the settling and leaving cycle again, and to get him up to age for his grade, as we've concluded it's not so fair to expect 10 year old kinds of behaviors from an 8 year old...The South American school year starts in February, so he'll still be young for 4th grade, but not as comparatively young as he is now, so we're glad for that. The move to Peru that didn't last was going to make that adjustment for us; so we're just having to do it for ourselves instead. That of course, is only relevant if we set up in S.A. again...we're staying the course with him, and no matter where we go next, he'll be older than he is now, and closer to the proper age for his grade:)
That's all for now.
Cheers and chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment