Monday, 20 February 2012

First day, again

I've sat down in the coffee shop--having just dropped the kids off for their second first day at school.  It was fairly smooth...especially getting them there on time with an untested route to school.

I think I might write more if I hadn't just finished a few emails, and read for my course, and solved some banking mysteries.  It all feels like we were on vacation as per usual, except that we're in a hotel.  I feel very much like going home but have no home to go to yet...

Health-wise-I'm happily settling back into the swimming.  I feel my shoulders and shins--so I know I've been in the pool.  The kids were so happy to swim yesterday, and my happy little fish was especially proud of herself for learning the front float, (almost) the glide too, and I was happy for the cooperating and enjoying! And she can still do her back floats:)

I'm really hoping that the kids are having good days-especially now that the ladies (they're audible-I'm not eavesdropping on purpose!!!) are talking about all the homeschooling their friend is doing --and some Aussies I know-heehee.  Whatever we did on the holiday was good to do, and I'm hoping the kids are feeling like they're still skilled at whatever they're doing in class.  I hope the substitute for Ms. Claire is good-because Mr. Strong Reaction needs a good start so he doesn't balk at the work.  My big goal for him is helping him get through tasks, rather than trying to manipulate his way around, over, under the thing that he needs to get done!  I hope some of it stuck.  I really hope some of it stuck, and that he's feeling capable.

Happily for the middle school set, there's already been some fun during the week and over the weekend-so that, and a new cell phone, meaning the odds are good (I hope!) that he's just slid back into things.  He's been dreading homework, etc...but I think he's just wanting to do well and might be really feeling the whole term's upcoming workload.

I feel my work piling up, not the class work- the other job of running the financial show at home, and the meals, and preparing the lunches in the hotel?!  I'm really eager for the house and the shipment to get here, through customs, and set up.  I couldn't have a more simple way to do it-but I do still need to be there to point at the new homes for every stick of everything, and deal with the movers.

In preparation for that time...I'm trying to stay caught up, get ahead, etc...so that I have the flexibility when I need it.  I'm really appreciating the content in the course, and that makes it easy to get into; and I got my first set of grades back, so I'm reassured in that regard.  As for groceries-I only need to prepare for lunches, and the rest is procured "out" for now.  Which brings me to food--which is, ostensibly, the purpose of this blog.  I'm obviously preoccupied.

I have everything I need now for another cleanse and go around of investigations...so I'm set.  I'm eager too--because I was awful yesterday--no headaches - yay- but the nachos I ate were 1) Yuck and a touch stale, 2) they followed popcorn at the movie I took the kids to, and 3) they became the Hindenburg in my digestive system.  It was truly, truly remarkable how much pain they generated.  I had about three inches of horizontal bloat...it was insane.  So I'm more dedicated to staying far away from dairy and red meats than ever before.  I do think I'll try to keep everything varied, but good for me--specifically.

So that's all for now- Cheers and chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment