This time...there is so much to write about that I'm considering point form. I'm kidding. I save the point form for my lists. And yes, it's time for lists again. I'll need a list for packing up after a 9 week vacation that involved home schooling. I also need a list of things to do to move from ourselves from Cajamarca- our container of goods is in Lima, Peru, having not even made it to our house in Cajamarca. If we're fortunate enough, we'll get the house in the same condo complex that we lived in before.
"Kids back into Nido"-fill in the forms, and check it off my list.
"House" - in progress
"Visas" - still good. Love it. To be renewed in June-but at least it's not now.
"Start classes" -- adjusted that to "class" to match with the busier times that moving always brings.
"Pre-read text" for class that starts on February 3rd.
"Book flights" seems to be on delay, until the house issue is solved, I don't know when we'll leave. (I'm not keen about going into a hotel with the kids and trying to get my course work done--no, not keen on that at all...)
Find housekeeper and see if she's willing to come back and work at our place again.
That covers the majors, but skips the minor things like getting the taxes done, etc...
As for health...weeks of inactivity have taken their toll, so I'm exercising again as I should have been all along. Despite having a good workout, today was still challenging--trying to convince the six year old that she isn't in charge is an ongoing issue that takes more patience than I had today. She's now in a state of existence without options, to practice being in charge of herself-and NOT the whole day. Not the best parenting feeling-that's for sure!
Tomorrow is another day. And so's the day after that. And that. And that.... Parenting is wearing at times. I'll be the mom in the store muttering "focus on the good bits, just focus on the good bits".
So that's where I'm at right now. Wishing to eat less sugar, yet I'm at my parents, and my mom makes all kinds of goodies. Unfortunately, I'm giving myself more to exercise away. It's all going to be fine though-once the next goodie isn't gluten-free! Happily, the headache that blazed all day yesterday is not as fierce today...so in many ways, I'm still much better off than I was last January, but there is work to be done.
It's bedtime for the kids, and I'm off to wrap up this freezing cold day. Cheers and chao.
No comments:
Post a Comment