This Saturday means we're one day closer to Jeff returning...really not sure what we're going to do with all this work of his! He's getting happier with the progress, but is wrestling with how he's going to be both at site for the site portion of his accountabilities, and in Santiago, for that portion of his job!?? Hopefully the 'new' people get here soon...
That's what's taking up the Jeff part of the family, along with the kids' emails to him, and his mails back. The kids aren't totally sure what he does; and since we've been watching a tv series called Merlin, which is full of knights battling, and dragons, etc... there have been a few worried questions about what exactly Dad does. "Does Dad battle at work?" I resisted the temptation to reply YES!-but they didn't mean in meetings, so I answered in the spirit of the question. "No, there's no swordplay at Dad's work--he's safe."
As for today, I'm nearing completion of my last assignment for the week...thanks to waking up at 5 or so, and not being able to fall back to sleep for forming paragraphs and making a mental note to "remember to___ and check on ____ in the assignment to make sure I've covered everything and cited properly".
My little computer needs a jacket, so I don't worry if it bumps a little...we need fruits and veggies to live on, since we actually went through a whole week on what I bought Monday, and I chose not to go back to the store until today-so the kids can pick a few lunch type things. The fridge is actually quite empty...which is a good thing. We'll head to the shops soon, but not just yet, as the kids are taking a while to rev up because they are under the weather.
I've seen a nutrionist, who's going to hopefully help me desensitize a little with a biofeedback machine...I'm keeping an open mind. I seem to be reacting a little to everything I eat, so I'm getting braver with my choices...still trying to keep track though. I made some gluten free banana bread yesterday, and had heartburn and stomach ache from it, so that wasn't so hot. Today's another day.
Chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment