Friday, 10 June 2011

Closer, closer, and closer--and a new low!

That's the feeling of holidays approaching.  There are so many things that we need to do, eye appointments, dentist, doctors, chiropractors, and massage therapist appointments--and then all the things that we want to do: visiting family and friends, the aquarium, a shop or five to get to, the hotel, the pool, etc..... 

So typically, a new low would be bad news...but in my case, it's a little bit of triumph over years of feeling kinda schlumpy.  I am current lighter, stronger, and more fit that I have been in about 15 years-which means I've just surpassed a personal best-and that one was about 7 years ago!

This morning was a great time on the bike, I worked in a few intervals (thanks to my butt going numb!), and had a good yoga-ish stretch after.  This has left me feeling more ready for the tasks of the day-which include the dentist for one mom and three kids.

I ventured into an area called Providencia (which I previously referred to in Facebook as the land of streets that just don't get it done the first time, because they don't connect, they go one way, and they pass the place I thought I might have liked to have been, etc...).  This was the follow-up trip to get the results of our blood tests for allergy...to get out, I had to cross 8 lanes of two way traffic-which I thought would take most of the afternoon, I was making alternate plans to pick up the kids...--BUT, there was a gigantic break in traffic, and I was on my way, across the bridge and into the freeway...zooom.  I was even early enough to stop at a pharmacy and get a couple errands off the list.

Allergy tests said-no allergies that we didn't already know about...so I'm back to the intolerances, which in many ways are even tougher to figure, because the effects aren't as fast as with allergies-so maybe it was the most recent food's fault, or maybe it was something from 4 days ago!  Anyway...there are things I'm sure that work for me, so I'll stick with those, and keep slugging away at ciphering the rest.  I had a coffee this morning, without soy, and felt rather well.  Didn't end up needing headache medicine at all...maybe.........I know-it's a slippery slope.

It's time to get ready for the dentist--Chao!


No comments:

Post a Comment