Thursday, 21 April 2011

Tea...and smoothies...and feeling better

After that nasty surprise following the dessert that "should" have been fine, I've felt quite twisted this week, and just under the weather in general.  And, to be entirely honest, I've been ticked at the loss of Jeff's stuff, because it's cost him so much time and energy.  I felt fizzled...

So yesterday, I went very light on the food, smoothies in the morning, chicken noodle soup for lunch, with some brown rice, and then a bit of veggie sushi, and more soup for dinner.  My idea was to give my body a break from foods that might be heavy or difficult.  It seems to have worked, because the face rash is flattening and calming.  I also blame/credit hormones...they're more level since I changed my intake, but I still feel somewhat at the mercy of the little troublemakers!  I hope to make them behave better by cycling B vitamins.

And now, fun news....super fun in fact:  I've lost a little more, for a total of 18 pounds since November.  I can see where these 18 pounds aren't, and feeling good--it's bliss.  I am very keen to get the food figured out.  It is nice to know that I can revert to a day or two of smoothies to help myself along when my body has an allergy freak...while I'm learning.

I'm at the start of a holiday day this morning, and it's fun.  My youngsters are up and at it, my older scientist is still sleeping following a near midnight completion of his science fair experiment.  Jeff discovered that the meter needed to be in a certain spot to get a reading...so then Dane could finally get data.  Then he had to redo his procedure, data, discussion, and conclusion to email to his teacher.  He learned a lot...and I'm glad I stayed up with him because he was ready to crawl into bed when it 'was fine' but I suggested that he should actually read it again and make sure it was complete.  Science teacher mom helped him find his second wind--after all, there's no early school morning for him today--and he's developing a talent for sleeping later!

That's about all for the morning...there are veggies for another soup this afternoon, and we have dinner ready for tonight that very closely resembles the dinner we had last night...I have the whole day, at home, uninterrupted, and I plan to download a huge number of photos.  Huge.  I'm Shutterfly's newest fan...

Here's to yer health!  Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment