But, I'll never really know. I can only cook with smell now, and previous knowledge of which things taste good together. Oh well, no worries that the cook licked the spoon at this house!
Tonight's dinner...it's actually a repeat of the pasta dish I made for the BBQ on the weekend. Not an exact duplicate, because I wanted to add meat. In less than 25 minutes, I had it all happening from tomatoes. Olive oil, heating, then onion and garlic, sauteeing with oregano, then put the tomatoes in boiling water for a minute (the boiling of the water took the most time!). I popped the tomato skins off, put them into the Thermomix, 5 seconds on five, and then I let it simmer while I browned the beef in the boiling water pot-because I've never been a fan of extra dishes. Once is was nicely browned, I added the sauce from the Thermomix, and put it in the oven. Also, not a fan of simmering when baking will do!
I had the chicken soup I made yesterday. It was good, Three out of the four kids at the table liked the pasta, but the big hit was the garlic bread (rye bread, garlic butter, and tinfoil-4 minutes worth of work). They're back to playing now...all fueled up.
Jeff's home for dinner, which is a lovely change from his crazy busy. Tomorrow was supposed to be off, but the meeting that should have been today was rescheduled, so tomorrow is now a working day. I sigh a little. OH WELL! Friday is still off (at this point). I'm going to do everything I can to make sure it stays that way. He spent all weekend working, because he needed to piece his info back together following the theft of his computer. He and his friends at work were concocting a strategy whereby they carried a dummy bag, with fishing line attached to the table they were occupying...and then... I, of course, veto any vigilante strategy.
The theft of his computer has me downloading my photos from my laptop, because I would be so distressed if I lost them. I would have no proof that the kids were actually babies!!! Not exactly on this computer, but I might lose their childhood pics from Vancouver...
I don't think I've lost any more weight...but I've been getting more done in the kitchen. I haven't worked out in a few days, because I've been battling headaches again. I am about to understate how I feel about that, and the rashes on my face: I am feeling frustrated. I am so ready for the pool now. And a massage to relax my neck. Generally, I'm ready for the weekend that starts about now! The kids have tomorrow off as part of their Easter break of two days.
Looking forward to our trip to Canada, booked it all today, on the big seat sale...(still a gulp, but less so).
It's all coming together, friends and family all over the place, making plans, and I'm going to enjoy all the company and fresh air! And maybe a couple of BBQs...those are good.
Chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment