Thursday, 28 January 2016

PwwwwwwwwwWahh!

That was a sour lunch.

Was going for the lowest sugar, highest nutrition, body-repairing-est lunch I could find, (digestive health and energy and all that!) so I'm going to share this tidbit...frozen cranberries need sweet to balance! I sautéed together onion, celery with olive oil (which reminded me of stuffing, which made me think cranberries) with turmeric, dill, ginger and garlic, added a beef soup cube for flavour punch and a few frozen cranberries. Then a half bag of shredded cabbage and carrot...then some carrot juice, because it was sticking, then a little apple cider vinegar because the fermented stuff helps digestion. I'd do it all again - but without the cranberries. I'm sure I'll stop making sour face, sometime today...maybe tomorrow.

Perhaps, next time, I'll use dried cranberries, as they come presweetened?!!

There have not been too many blog entries lately, as I took on a volunteer position to help at the kids' school, and then went and tweaked my knee. I can still move around, but the kids have taken over the kitchen, with my help from a distance.  

Today, physiotherapy. Honestly, having never had it, I'm nervous. Oh well - I guess when it comes down to it, it's just pain?! Eventually it should all get sorted and I'll be able to walk normally again. But...gotta say...not what I had planned for this winter/spring/summer.

Cheers and chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment