Friday, 12 September 2014

Quinoa pudding with almond milk

So, I'm still enjoying the freedom of the boys' freedom from their nut allergies.  This recipe is too easy, and makes for a breakfast that really sticks to the ribs- in a good, "can't eat oatmeal anymore" kind of way.  Some people who are gluten free eat the naked oats- but I can't bring myself to do it.  It's not that they're naked, so much as I don't want to risk it!

Quinoa Kickstart- Thermomix verison
1 cup quinoa
2 1/4 cups almond milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon
29 mins, reverse, stir, 100 degrees
Once cooked, restart without heat, on reverse to prevent pureeing, and swirl in more almond milk, add agave syrup to taste, and a tsp of vanilla.

Stovetop version (watching carefully, and stirring frequently to make sure it doesn't burn!)
Same proportions, adding almond milk as required, until you've reached the consistency you like...once cooked, add the agave, more almond milk if you like, and enjoy.

Serve with berries, and you're carbed up, full of antioxidants, and working with a wee bit of protein from the grain.  Watch out--it's filling, so start with about half of what you might normally choose for breakfast serving size.  I'd try a few other "dessert" sorts of spices too, like a tiny dash of nutmeg, or cloves, or allspice...in the fall, if there's a pumpkin pie crave happening, there's likely a blended pumpkin pie spice close to the front of the spice selection too--

Cheers and chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment